An electroencephalogram (EEG) may be done to:
- Diagnose epilepsy and see what type of seizures are occurring. EEG is the most useful and important test in confirming a diagnosis of epilepsy.
- Check for problems with loss of consciousness or dementia.
- Help find out a person's chance of recovery after a change in consciousness.
- Find out if a person who is in a coma is brain-dead.
- Study sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy.
- Watch brain activity while a person is receiving general anesthesia during brain surgery.
- Help find out if a person has a physical problem (problems in the brain, spinal cord, or nervous system) or a mental health problem.
Sleepy.. Mama busy snap photo smpi lupa nak pegang tangan Ian
Rasuah dengan handphone.. His favourite gadget
Another test done.
Brainstem auditory evoked potential (BAEP) tests evaluate how the nervous system, specifically the brainstem, responds to specific sounds. BAEP tests are used to evaluate acoustic neuromas, brain stem tumors, hearing disorders, coma, brain death, and demyelinating diseases. They are also used to evaluate hearing loss in infants, small children, and other patients unable to give voluntary subjective responses to traditional hearing tests.
During a BAEP test, two electrodes are attached to the patient's scalp, and one is attached to each earlobe. Ear phones placed over the patient's ears deliver a series of tones or clicks to each ear separately. The electrodes record hundreds, sometimes thousands, of electrical responses from the patient's brainstem, and these responses are recorded by a special computer for interpretation by a physician.
For this test, they have to sedate the baby. Luckily, Ian was asleep when we started.. So, no need to drug him..
Lights off. Put a head phone on the baby.. Good nite..
Results for both test? Not too good and not too bad.. It's ok.. We can handle the not-too-good part as long as there're hope with us.. And there are! =)
P/s - Rambut dah la lebat.. Siyan nak lekat all those wire.. Bila tarik, muka Ian selebet je..